Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Who knew I would care so much...


Please, keep praying for Benricko (Becko) and Spencer...for a falling out that Becko had with me and a falling out they have had with each other.

I read this devotion today (from a book from Bill & Joanne Brandon) & it hit the spot for this situation: It is not so much adverse events that make you anxious as it is your thoughts about those events. Your mind engages in trying to take control of a situation, to bring about the result you desire. Your thoughts close in on the problem like ravenous wolves. Determined to make things go your way, you forget that I am in charge of your life. The only remedy is to switch your focus from the problem to My Presence. Stop all your striving, and watch to see what I will do. I am the Lord! (from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, p148)

Thanks,
ee

3 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... it's been a long journey for the both of you. i'm excited to see you soon... but am sad for your departure there. take care emE, my dandilion girl. have fun in korea. d.

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's why Pastor Charlie talks so much about our desparate need of Jesus! every moment! I continue praying for the healing with Benricko and for Emily. love, mom

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe you will be home soon! (I just got your xanga update.) Like D said, I hope you enjoy Korea. I'll be praying for Benricko and Spencer, and for your safe journey home. Many thanks to you and Katie for all the great works you have been doing for God's kingdom. You two gals are amazing!

See you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home